Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Prague and Packing

I'm in the final week stretch here in Paris. I'm going to miss it a ridiculous amount, but I'm excited to go back and see everyone. And plus, my friend Michelle is learning how to make pain au chocolat so that I don't get too Paris-sick.

The final day in Galway was fun. We went to a barbeque, which I hadn't been to in forever. I forgot how much I miss barbeques. I didn't actually eat at the barbeque because I'd already had far too much food that day, but the smells were enough for me.

Allison and I met Théo in Prague and we all travelled to our hostel. I booked us a dorm room that could house ten people. There were 4 Spanish guys and an Italian in the room with us. They all very much enjoyed spending long nights together, and would frequently reenter the room at 5 in the morning. This didn't really bother us, though we did judge them the night all 4 of the Spanish guys wore matching all-white outfits and proceeded to take a photo shoot in the room where they struck poses that slightly resembled Backstreet Boy pictures of yesteryear.

The three of us mainly just wandered around Prague, checking out the castle and all the cool stuff. I felt kind of bad for Théo because Allison and I would be walking and then get distracted by shiny objects or puppets that were carved to look like Harry Potter and demand to go into the shop. I don't think he was as impressed by the shiny objects as we were.

We also saw a show while there. Faust in blacklight (no words). Allison and I enjoyed it, Théo did not. Really, I'm starting to feel bad for him as I write this. I give him props for not leaving us to go hang out with the Spanish guys in their white outfits.

We did go to the largest club in Europe (it's like 5 million floors) and also went on a ghost tour. Apparently Prague has an entire street that no one lives on because it's haunted. There are only shops. Our tour guide said, "People used to live above the shops, but it gets annoying when ghosts walk through the walls all the time carrying their heads under their arms or whatever it is ghosts do."

So true. Annoying would be how I would describe a ghost sighting.

Flying home worked out well. Apparently having "Mrs" instead of "Ms" on my ticket didn't matter, and no one questioned the validity of my fake marriage.

Yesterday, I saw a friend from my college who had been staying in London. We got lunch in a cafe and I recounted my various European adventures while listening to hers. Now I'm just trying to plan the rest of my time here and pack to get ready to go back. I told my dad yesterday that I'm insisting on a family party celebrating my homecoming. I was kind of joking, but I do want cake. I don't even care what the cake says... "Welcome Home, Meghan", "Shit, She's Back", "Happy Birthday, Jesus"... Cake is cake, man. They don't have those proper really-really-bad-for-you cake mixes here, so I haven't had a decently sugarified cake since I left. I think this needs to change.

Alright, packing. Andddddddddddd go!

3 comments:

Patty said...

When do you get back? Sally and I will be more than happy to bring you a cake! We could even help you eat it. You know, just to be supportive.
Safe travels, Mrs. Meghan!

Unknown said...

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!!

Connor said...

I look forward to seeing you, meghan!