Thursday, June 11, 2009

Final Countdown

In 48 hours I will be frantically running to the airport with Théo, Melyn, and possibly Arnaud... Actually, I hope I won't be frantically running. I'm hoping I will be casually strolling. And not terrified I'll miss my plane. I also hope I won't sob all over everyone when I go to leave. If I'm wearing mascara, it'll get all over the place and then I won't be able to get it off, and everyone on the plane will judge me and avoid me, secretly calling me "raccoon girl" behind my back and making inferences about my current mental status.

Should have brought my waterproof mascara...

I'm pretty much done packing. Everyone keeps asking me if I'm going to bring home an entirely new, chic wardrobe and have a Sabrina moment. First, this won't happen because my father is not the chauffer for a rich family with a lazy, womanizing-but ridiculously good-looking- son (pity). Second, clothes here are a tad bit on the pricey side. I would have bought a new wardrobe, but I would have had to give something up- like eating. I shall come home with 2 shirts, a pair of boots, a fabulous purple trenchcoat that all shall admire, and two pairs of jeans. Most of these were acquired when my parents came to visit.

Now I just need to give away all my (non clothing-related) worldly possessions that I've acquired while here. This mainly involves food and pots and pans. Molly really did leave in a frantic hurry, and so Melyn and I have had to deal with some of her stuff. I don't want to put the same burden on Melyn, so I'm going to have everything prepared by tonight. Probably.

Théo and I are going to an amusement park tomorrow, which I feel is a perfect way to end my time here. I love roller coasters, and this park sounds a lot like Six Flags, so it'll be like a transition into home. I suppose I could have gone to EuroDisney, but then I really WOULD sob over everyone when I finally left because who ever wants to leave Disneyland?

That's ok. I'll be back.

I'm already making plans for the coming weeks so I don't get too sad. I'm excited to see my family and friends, and Mrs. VonderHeide, I accept your offer of cake.

1 comment:

Patty said...

You are on! One cake for Meghan, coming right up.
Good luck with all the details of leaving. See you soon!